West Hill Parish Council has awarded a one year contract to a local company to provide the services of a part-time Village Lengthsman. We're seeking to really make a difference to the community environment by maintaining roadside verges and drainage.
The Council has funding for 8 hours work per month and will include
- Cutting road verges to ensure visibility especially at junctions and at environmentally appropriate times of the year
- Picking up rubbish from roads, verges and ditches
- Keeping road signs clean and clear from vegetation
- Clearing ditches to ensure good flow of water to avoid localised flooding
- Other similar works including
- keeping footpaths useable and signs maintained and
- works to enhance woodland area as directed by council
During June the team will be grass cutting and improving the visibility of road signs. In July the team will focus on the removal of Himalayan Balsam near the village gateway on the road to Ottery St Mary.
If there are areas which you feel need some attention please contact the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01404 232 100